What personal information does lmg collect?
The type of personal information we collect depends on the nature of your dealings with us and the reason for collecting it. We may collect personal information if you:
- purchase a new or used motor vehicle from us;
- are one of our suppliers;
- are a subscriber to our mailing list or newsletter; or
- submit a job application.
The types of personal information that we may collect and hold for our activities includes, without limitation an individual's name, date of birth, physical or postal addresses, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers, driver's license details, vehicle details, credit card details, occupation, salary and personal finances (for loan applications), health information (for life or disability insurance) and details of current or previous insurance (for motor insurance). If you are one of our suppliers or contractors, or one of their employees, we may collect your name, contact details and position in the organisation.
If you apply for a job with us, you may provide us with certain information, including your name, employment and educational background, and other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
If you are a subscriber to our mailing list or newsletter, or attended an event organised by LMG, we may collect your name, contact details, job title, areas of interest and details of your dealings with us. Generally LMG does not collect sensitive information about you, such as health records, unless it is reasonably necessary for the purpose of providing you with a specific product or service or is otherwise permitted by law.
How does lmg collect personal information?
LMG may collect personal information from you in a variety of ways including, and without limitation:
- on vehicle purchase contracts,
- through our website,
- over the telephone; or
- during person-to-person contact.
- The collection will be done by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way. We will collect information directly from an individual wherever possible. If this is not possible, we will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware of the information being collected is outlined in the collection statement.
If the information we request for the provision of products or services is not provided to us, then this may affect our ability to provide those products or services to you.
Why does lmg collect personal information?
LMG will only collect personal information in connection with the provision of products and services provided by LMG or business activities.
We collect personal information only to the extent that this is necessary for one or more of our following activities:
- relevant to our business relationship with you;
- selling you a new or used motor vehicle and registering that vehicle in the name provided by you. We are required by law to provide certain information to the relevant licensing authorities and motor registries;
- completing an application for the provision of financing facilities relating to the purchase of a new or used motor vehicle. The information requested is the minimum required by the finance providers;
- completing an application for the provision of insurance cover;
- providing after-sales service for your vehicle;
- to offer you new products and services that we believe may interest you;
- market research in relation to the products and services that we offer;
- and to satisfy any legal requirements.
Generally, the purpose for which LMG collects personal information will be apparent from the way in which we collect it or will be disclosed at the time of collection. If at any time the purpose for which we are collecting your personal information is unclear, please raise your concerns with the person you are dealing with or contact us using the contact details below.
How does lmg use personal information?
LMG will only use your personal information in the following ways:
- for the purpose(s) you have provided the information;
- for a purpose you have consented to; or
- for a purpose otherwise permitted by law.
- Personal Information will only be used for any other purpose than you have consented to where that purpose is related to the primary purpose and a reasonable person would expect LMG to use or disclose the personal information for that other purpose.
LMG may use your personal information for research and development of our products and services or to send you information about other products or services offered by us which may be of interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive promotional or other material from us, please let us know by sending an email to the contact details below and we will respect your request. Alternatively, simply select the "unsubscribe" option in any of the emails that you receive from us.